There’s lots to see – browse the daily programme pages to find out what’s on and decide what to see.
How to buy tickets & passes
1. BROWSE SHOWS
2. THE DIFFERENT PROGRAMMES
There are different ways to watch and engage with the events on the Virtual National Arts Festival line-up:
Curated Programme Options
A Festival Pass for R600 will unlock all the curated programme events as they are released each day of the Festival. A Day Pass at R80 will unlock all the curated events on a particular day – you can select as many days as you wish.
You can buy a Jazz Pass at the discounted rate of R500 will give you access to all the Standard Bank Jazz Festival events as they become available.
You can also buy tickets for individual events from R35 per event.
Note: vFringe events are not included in the Pass bundles.
Video on Demand tickets start at R25 per event. You can buy tickets to any number of events on the vFringe – look out for specials and promos offered by vFringe artists.
You need to buy tickets to vFringe live streamed events on the platform they’re being screened on – we just provide a link for you.
Visual Art and the Virtual Green
Access to our digital galleries and stalls is absolutely free – look out for loads of other free things including webinars, talks and debates.
3. BUYING PASSES
So you’ve decided you want to buy an excellent value-for-money pass? Excellent! Head on over to the BUY page. Simply add what you want to your basket and complete the checkout process. You will be able to pay for your tickets with your credit or debit card, Snapscan or instant EFT through PayGate.
You can also buy tickets to individual shows on the Curated Programme – click the ‘Buy Ticket’ button on the event page and it will be added to your basket. Once you’ve added all the items you’d like to watch, you can checkout and complete the transaction.
4. vFRINGE VIDEO ON DEMAND SHOWS
All shows on the vFringe are sold as individual tickets (and are not included in the Passes). 90% of the proceeds of these tickets go to the artists themselves. Browse the events, choose what you want to see, add the shows to your basket by clicking the ‘Buy Ticket’ button. Once you’re done, pay for your shows – and watch them at any time that suits you!
5. How to watch
Once you’ve paid, you’ll receive an email with a list of what you’ve booked. You can also see your shows on your Account page (link in top menu).
You can click through to any event to start watching – just select ‘play video’ icon on any recorded item you’ve chosen, and it will play. If you haven’t paid for it, it won’t. Simple as.
Make sure you add once-off live performances from the curated daily programmes into your diary or calendar. The majority of live events will be recorded so you will be able to catch them afterwards but a few are exclusively live – so if you miss those, you miss out!
6. The small print
- You get a total of FIVE views per show. If load-shedding starts mid-performance, or the mother-in-law calls, or the phone battery dies – you’ll be able to click on the link and watch from the start again. And, if you see something that blows your mind, you can watch it again with your significant other. You have until 16 July 2020 to view the events.
- You’ll be able to share what you’ve loved so other people you know can see what they’re missing out on! Once they’ve bought a ticket, they will be able to enjoy the show.
- NB: Your log-in can’t be used simultaneously on two devices. So, while you’re watching a dance video on your phone, your son won’t be able to do the Creativate workshop you’ve booked for him on his PC – he has to wait until you’re done.
- You can browse and shop on one device and watch on another – as long as you’re logged in on that device. So, you can shop on your phone and watch on your smart TV – or you can shop and watch on your phone – up to you.
We have tried as hard as possible to make our content as data-friendly as possible without compromising the work. As an estimate: one hour of streamed content = 1 Gigabyte.
If you get stuck, contact our friendly helpline – you can ‘chat’ to us online at any time between 7am and midnight or you can call us between 9am and 10pm on 0860 002 000