Join National Arts Festival Technical Director Nicci Spalding as she hosts a think tank on how to go about creating work for online platforms. This webinar offers practical tips on a variety of processes, including smart phone videoing, audio recordings, filming and more.
The panellists for this webinar are:
Artists interested in participating in vFringe in 2020 can find information in the Artist Zone. A recording will be made available after the webinar.
- If you missed Part I, which looked at the creative and mental shifts and processes of creating work for online platforms, you can find a recording here.
- If you missed Part II, which focused on participating in the Virtual Fringe in 2020, you can find a recording here.
- Marketing Your Digital Work – Friday 29 May at 2pm. Register here
Top tips and resources
Alette Schoon sent through the following resources, ideas and links that artists may find useful:
- Tim Green’s film produced in lockdown with no professional crew or gear. This is the trailer
- WhatsApp theatre: Uk’shona Kwelanga – the world’s first drama series told entirely through WhatsApp
- Good cheapish video editor if you have great wifi but basic PC: wevideo.com
- Good free-for-30 days video editor for no wifi and basic PC or laptop: Power Director
- Great free video editor if you have great fast PC: Da Vinci Resolve
- Basic DSLR camera for video for about R7000: Canon EOS 200D
- Great camera phone: Huawei P30 Pro about R6500
- Good quality microphone for smartphone: Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone for Smartphones
- Smartphone video editing apps: Vlogit, WeVideo, Power Director
Contact the Centre for the Less Good Idea:
- Find links to all previous webinars and information on upcoming webinars in the Artist Zone here.